Lead Generation Marketing Vs. Organic Growth of Business in 2021
Lead generation marketing is an essential component of growing your business in 2021. Marketing your business online comes down to two strategies — inbound marketing or organic growth of your business, or outbound marketing. But, is one better than the other, or do you need both marketing strategies to have the success you’ve dreamed of?
If you’ve worked towards building your online presence, you’ve probably been hearing a lot about generating leads for your business. You’ve probably also heard about the concept of organic marketing to fuel sustainable growth for your business.
Many small business owners make the mistake of focusing only on outbound marketing strategies to market their business online because they’re only concerned with getting as many sales as they can right now. But that’s a huge mistake because there are many lost opportunities when you don’t leverage the power of organic growth.
Let’s delve into each of these strategies to learn their importance in growing your business.
What is Lead Generation Marketing?
Lead generation includes inbound and outbound marketing strategies to identify prospective customers who may be interested in your business’s products or services.
In the old days, this may have involved placing an ad in the newspaper, running a television commercial, or sending out mass quantities of emails. But, the world has changed, and so has lead generation. The Internet has changed the way we do business.
Today, with the press of a few buttons or keys, consumers have a wealth of knowledge at their fingertips. When someone is interested in a product or service, they’ll most often Google it. At the same time, there are ads targeting consumers everywhere. Advertisements are embedded in the web pages they visit. Their email inbox is full of unwanted spam. And sponsored posts show up on social media.
The point is that consumers are frustrated with irrelevant advertisements. People have gotten very selective about what they pay attention to. So this highlights the importance of using marketing strategies that will pique the interest of consumers.
Today, lead generation involves multiple strategies that are effective in generating sales. The advantage is that you not only get new leads for your business, but you also get the right leads.
While most entrepreneurs understand the role of lead generation in business today, most find it challenging to achieve because they don’t know where to start. We’ll see if we can help you through it so you can get right to work on growing your business.
Outbound Vs. Inbound Marketing Strategies
Lead generation marketing channels generally involve either inbound or outbound marketing strategies. But, inbound marketing strategies are more successful in generating leads and growing your business.
Here’s why: Many outbound marketing strategies are like those annoying spam emails or the unsolicited phone calls you get at 9 o’clock at night. You’re not looking for what they’re trying to sell you, and you probably don’t want it.
With the wrong type of outbound marketing, you target everyone and most won’t be interested.
On the other hand, inbound marketing results in organic growth and brings customers who are actively looking for similar products or services into your marketing funnel.
And when you do inbound marketing strategies that work well for your brand or industry, customers will come to you. The trick is to test which ones will work best for your company.
Many business owners find that incorporating both inbound marketing strategies and the most effective outbound marketing strategies is the best way to grow their business.
Organic Growth Marketing of Business
Organic growth marketing results in a higher return of investment for your business. When you use inbound marketing strategies, it may take longer than outbound marketing strategies to see results. But outbound strategies are temporary, while inbound marketing grows your business in a sustainable way.
Here are some basic ways to begin an organic growth marketing strategy:
- Create a buyer persona for your product or service. A buyer persona is a depiction of the type of person most likely to do business with you. Your marketing team would consider your current and past customer demographics, buyer behavior, and what motivates them to purchase your particular product. You can create more than one buyer persona for your product, and a finely tuned one will help you to target your marketing strategies better. This will help you attract high-quality leads and visitors to your business.
- Understand the buyer’s journey. There are basically three stages of the buyer’s journey — awareness, consideration, and the decision stage. During the awareness stage, a buyer knows they want a solution, but they’re not yet at the point of considering it in depth. During the consideration stage, the buyer is ready to research their options. When the buyer reaches the decision stage, they’re prepared to make a choice and will act on it. By understanding the buyer’s journey, you can target robust marketing strategies towards each buyer stage to grow your business.
- Build an online presence by having a highly optimized website. The simple truth is that very few businesses will experience growth without one. A website with SEO (search engine optimization) as its core is the best way to bring targeted leads through organic traffic. Your business’s website will also help earn a loyal customer base if you do it right. Provide useful, relevant, and engaging content and give your visitors a reason to return to your site.
- Build a killer landing page. Your marketing and sales team need to come up with a compelling landing page that will grab a visitor’s attention from the get-go. Avoid fluff on your landing page. Make visitors an offer they can’t refuse so you can get leads through a call-to-action.
- Make it easy for your website’s visitors to connect with you. Have a call to action on your webpages and provide a highly visible contact form on your website. Chatbots and live chats are growing in popularity with today’s consumers who want to connect the moment they decide to. Also, leverage social media’s power and promote your brand through channels like Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and others.
- Make your website visitors an offer they can’t refuse. An opt-in form appeals to targeted buyers who might want to learn about the latest news in your industry. But, most won’t give you their email address without an immediate reward. Think about what your visitors might find appealing and come up with something. For instance, if you have a wellness website that promotes healthy eating, a guide to the “10 Best Smoothies for Summer” might do the trick. Opt-in forms are vital for capturing leads that you might otherwise never know about.
- Create blogs that are valuable to your target audience. Blogs are the bread and butter of your website’s content. They allow you to bring in organic traffic through proven SEO strategies. Blogs also place you in a position of prominence as an expert in your field. When you deliver a relevant, meaningful, and trustworthy message in your content, you build a rapport with your target audience, making it easier to convert them.
If your website produces enough valuable content, other websites may eventually link back to your site, and you’ll have another influx of organic traffic to your site.
Growing Your Business Through Lead Generation in 2020
There’s no doubt that 2020 has already been challenging for your business. Hopefully, we’ve given you a better understanding of how inbound marketing will fuel your lead generation efforts to grow your business organically.
There’s no better time than now to begin implementing the strategies we’ve shown you. Start with the basics. Figure out who your target buyers are. Make sure your website is optimized for SEO, publish content that your website’s visitors will find useful, and connect with potential customers.
If you need more help getting started or would just like to have a lead generation professional help you increase your business’s organic growth, contact the experts at GBC Digital Marketing in Houston.
We’ve worked with small business owners from all over the U.S. to help them create a sustainable, actionable marketing plan that uses inbound marketing strategies and lead generation to grow their business. We’d love to help you as well!