SEO is using specialized techniques to optimize your web site, so that it is Search engine friendly and increases your chances of placing well in search results. Without proper optimization, the chances of placing highly in Search engine results (SERPs) for the keywords important to your business, are very low.
The Real Power Behind Inbound Marketing That Uses SEO
Is it worth your time to invest your resources, time and effort into SEO? Absolutely! When you look at how search engines are used in a broad manner, there’s an array of interesting information from various studies. We looked at the more recent and valuable information for two reasons:
1. Offer a compelling reason about SEO’s power
2. Understand how people conduct their search
Various Studies On Search Engines
According to StatCounter’s May 2020 data, Google’s is the leader
- Google experienced a search request of 92.06 percent; Bing followed it with 2.61 percent and Yahoo with 1.79 percent – all for the month of May 2020.
- Statista says Americans carries out over 15 Billion searches in one month – with Google getting the majority of those searches.
According to the August 2019 Forrester report, billions of dollars are spent on Internet marketing. $146 billion expected to be spent in 2023; a representation of 26 percent of every advertising budget.
What Does It All Mean?
This research can only lead to some simple but important conclusions regarding search engine marketing and web search such as:
- Search engines are growing in popularity at a rate of 20 percent per year. After all, nearly every American and person online can access it.
- Search leads to a plethora amount of online and offline financial activity.
- Higher rankings are extremely important in terms of visibility.
- Listed at the top of the results tends to lead to more traffic, and it also instills customer trust to the importance of the website.
This is why you must implement the basics of SEO, especially if your goal is to attain these things for Local SEO results.
We all aware of and hear about the regular updates of the Google algorithm, and truth be told, Google is constantly making updates. But we broke it all down, going all the way back to 2002! And….there have been a lot of changes over the years from Google. Check out our infographic to see a brief overview of the MANY changes over the years.